Thanks, Cee, for this Share Your World challenge! If you haven’t yet taken a look at Cee’s blog, you are missing out on incredible photography and tips. Seriously, Cee’s tips comprise a terrific course on photography! (She should charge!) Here are this week’s responses to her questions.
- My favorite food to cook is anything with pastry, from empanadas to tarts. Yum!
- Yes, I loved swinging as a child. I would call it an obsession, really. My goal was to swing over the top of the swing set, something I never achieved. Which is why I am still alive.
- What has surprised me about blogging? How much fun it is! What great folks I’ve met! And mostly, how MANY bloggers are out here! Whoa! I had no idea!
- My top five favorite desserts are tiramisu, apple pie, rich chocolate anything, scones, and pecan pie.
- I am grateful that I’m out of Benadryl La La Land. I had this rash on my face and neck (and total body itching) that mysteriously came and went last weekend. Bummer, I missed a special Christmas event because half a child’s dose of Benadryl knocked me out for hours! Oops, slipped out of gratitude mode.
- I am looking forward to baking a ton of gingerbread house pieces and watching five kiddos fall into Candy La La Land! More yum!
It’s Monday and time to respond to Cee’s Share Your World blogging challenge. If you haven’t seen her photography blog, you’ve been missing out. She has a terrific eye for beauty!
Here are my responses to her questions:
- If I had to spend a weekend alone in a store but couldn’t remove anything, I would head to Stone’s Education Super Store in Raleigh, NC. I can’t imagine that this family-owned store would be empty, but I would find plenty to do! It could rival heaven to spend a weekend ALONE, slowly savoring all the fantastic teaching supplies. Oh my! My heart leaps at the thought. What if I just filled one large bag?
- My favorite comfort food snack is chocolate. Milk chocolate, either Dove or Cadbury. Forget those dark, healthy things. If I wanted to taste that flavor, I’d chew the cacao beans raw.
- The largest city I’ve visited would be London, but I was a teenager, so that was eons ago. I’ve lived in San Francisco as an adult, so I have many more memories of special times, like when my sister and her kids nearly drowned at Baker Beach. Not something I’d ever forget!
- It has recently come to my attention that it’s a bit challenging to record Google Hangouts. I have tried a number of options but nixed them all in favor of privacy. On the other hand, I took a picture of a kiddo I’m tutoring. This was simply one of those moments that cries out to be captured for posterity. By the way, one advantage of Google Hangouts over Skype for long-distance teaching is that you can enjoy a brain break quite easily and for FREE! Take a look. He was excited after beating me in a bingo game, for the millionth time.
- I am grateful that my dearest widower has given up the table in the sun room. I have crept out there in his absence, after cleaning all the eraser crumbs away. I am looking forward to swimming this week, God willing.