Over 18? There’s a job for you! Love the young scientists who co-author this blog!
These great NASA astronaut recruitment posters were made in 2009 to catch the eye of workers in many types of jobs, from farmers (that’s you, Mark Watney) to builders, technicians, teachers and surveyors. Applications can still be sent in for this #MarsGeneration dream job! If you’re over 18, send in your forms for this chance……
via We Need You for Martian Exploration — Faraday’s Candle
James O’Neil kindly nominated me for the Liebster award, which I had already received but who would want to miss out on the fun of nominating their personal favorite bloggers? I had planned to post this a lot sooner but have been sick.
I am to answer James’ questions and and since I think the questions are terrific, I’m passing them on to my nominees: Group by Group, Faraday’s Candle (who are currently on vacation), David Snape and Friends, Staycation Atlanta, and Vamp It Up Manchester. Then these folks get to create their own set of questions. (Or borrow James” great set?)
- Which sex do you think has it easier in your culture? If we look at salaries and powerful positions, men still have the advantage. Especially white men.
- What is your most treasured memory? Meeting my dearest widower as a 19 year old in community college. He smiled and my heart was captivated.
- For a person you loved deeply, would you be willing to move to a distant country knowing there would be little chance of seeing your friends or family again? Definitely for my dearest widower. Fortunately, he is not interested in moving anywhere.
- For what in your life do you feel most grateful? Being pursued and loved by Jesus.
- What makes you angry? Racism and bullying.
- Did your schooling connect to your life? So much so that I became a teacher for life!
- Have you seen a good movie lately? What made it good? Not too many good movies around. I like sci fi, action, and spy thrillers. I recently took a squad of kiddos to Zootopia and the animation is terrific.
- Who is the most important person in your life today? My dearest teaching widower.
- What is the greatest accomplishment of your life? Teaching and loving kids.
- Given the choice of anyone in the world, whom would you want as your dinner guest? Friends and family.
- What do you like best about your life? That I am loved by my widower and my heavenly Father.