I want to thank Palak of Expressions for her nomination of the Liebster Award. I enjoy her witty comments and strong opinions, I appreciate her courage, and I laugh when she shares her views on television shows (check out this post on 7 women who should be removed from TV). Take a look through her site; this young woman is an excellent writer, has fun images, and covers a lot of ground! Now I must answer her 11 questions.
- Name one fictional character that you could completely identify with, as if it were your own self on paper or screen. David Copperfield by Charles Dickens
- If you wanted one superpower, what would it be? Becoming invisible
- What is the one quality you think defines a good writer? Authenticity
- Which one is your favorite post on your blog? Any of the case studies
- Has your blog turned out be exactly how you imagined it, at the time of its inception? It’s better than I hoped
- If you could ask God one question, what would it be? Why have you loved me so much that you sent your Son to die in my place, that I might live with You forever?
- If you were presented with an opportunity to travel in time, where would you go- the past or the future? The past
- If you were to teach a class for a week, what subject would you teach? Haha, social skills to special needs kids
- What’s your favorite ad commercial? Anything with the Budweiser colt (of Super Bowl fame)
- What is the one thing that you’re addicted to? Chocolate
- What is the one luxury that you cannot live without? AIr conditioning and heating
Here are 11 random facts about me:
- I can focus on tasks like a laser, oblivious to time and environment.
- I love teddy bears.
- I have always wanted to take great photographs but my pictures are mediocre at best.
- My sense of design is terrible, but I recognize beautiful blogs when I see them.
- I love science fiction anything.
- If it snows, I am outside enjoying the flakes.
- My husband and I never celebrate our anniversary.
- I am clumsy for a Tuesday’s child.
- I don’t like nicknames.
- I am ambidextrous.
- Charles Dickens is probably my favorite author.
Now, for the best part. Here are 11 new blogs that I am nominating for the Liebster Award:
Listen to the Babe– This blogger from Thailand shares her Interesting views of the world with a focus on travel with great photos.
Abundant Heart Blog– The writer has a warm heart and a generous, sweet spirit.
Specimanx17– This is a gorgeous blog featuring a gorgeous woman who writes lovely poetry.
Mint Creativ– The blogger is a beginning writer (not that you can tell) who is not intimidated by fear of the unknown.
Fill Your Own Glass– The brave soul who writes this blog is looking at the world with new eyes, starting a new writing career.
Yellow Belly Mummy– This British mum has lots of great insights and questions, including a hilarious list of things she wants to live without.
Flicks and Pieces– This blogger writes fresh and intriguing reviews of films and games along with super pics. His review of Destiny is top notch.
A Nap in The Sun– This is a poetic site, with a strong woman’s perspective, great photos, and much to enjoy reading.
Rach’s Thoughts– This blogger shares her Christian perspective, is concerned about persecution, and writes an interesting article about the amazing faith of children in Iraq.
Plastic Arctic– This blog has a narrow but fascinating focus on pollution at the ends of the earth.
The Other Side of Regular– Check out this blogger’s fascinating and candid posts on being real, with a unique and funny post on wearing painful shoes.
For the nominees:
The Rules for the Liebester Award
1. Thank the person who nominated you, and post a link to their blog on your blog.
2. Display the award on your blog
3. Answer 11 questions about yourself, which will be provided to you by the person who nominated you.
4. Provide 11 random facts about yourself
5. Nominate 11 blogs
6. Create a new list of questions for the blogger to answer.
7. List these rules in your post.
8. Inform the people that you nominated them for the Liebster award and provide a link for them to your post so that they can learn about it.
Here are my 11 questions:
1. What personal goal do you have for the next year?
2. What is your favorite food and why?
3. Why should someone read your blog?
4. If you could travel anywhere in the world, where would you go?
5. What is your favorite digital device?
6. What is your favorite book?
7. If you could ask God one question, what would it be?
8. What is your favorite holiday?
9. What person has had the most influence in your life?
10. What would you do if you won a fortune in a lottery?
11. What bothers you most while shopping?
Thanks for reading this post, be sure to check out these new blogs, and thanks again, Palak, for nominating me!