Cee’s Share Your World challenge is all about gratitude this week, a perfect match with Thanksgiving! She made a funny comment about writers; it also applies to teachers, so check out her post for details. What am I thankful for in:
- My home life? Love and peace. A life that provides a glimpse of heaven.
- My family? Our sweet son and his adorable wife, my precious sister and her amazing husband, and all the trillions of kiddos. Well, it sometimes feels like there are trillions, in a good way! We have the BEST extended family as well.
- My blogging community? Oh, so many kind bloggers who read and like and comment. Wow, I am blessed.
- My city or immediate area in which I live? What a gorgeous place to live! Our neighborhood is special, there’s an awesome lap pool not far away, and people are genuinely friendly.
- The regional area in which I live? Another positive! We’re midway between mountains and beaches, not far from many places to hike and explore.
- The country where you live? I love this country, with our tapestry of folks who embrace such a wide range of beliefs. I am thankful for our freedom and the efforts of those who seek greater freedom from prejudice and injustices which still abound.
- Me? I am happy in my skin and growing more so every day. That’s a huge change from the tortured soul I used to be.
- God. (I added this one.) Where would I be without the creator of all that is beautiful and good? Where would I be without His death so that I might live? Thank you, Jesus! I am also grateful for our family of believers. When we broke ground for our larger building recently, my widower and I inscribed rocks (without looking at each other’s first) which have gone into the foundation of the building. His is on the right. What a precious man!