I admit to drooling over Lakeshore catalogs for years, but this teacher supply company has an impressive track record of giving back to the community, providing free online resources for teachers, and offering cool free online resources. Starting in 1958, Lakeshore was THE go-to store for early childhood materials. Gradually they have expanded their product line to elementary school and family-based materials. Their partnership with Head Start focuses on STEM and STEAM activities.
Here are some of my favorite freebies from Lakeshore:
- Their flashcard maker. It’s simple to use and download. I’ve made cards for multiple subjects and games.
- Their free clipart, calendars, and templates. Being artistically challenged, I appreciate the free thematic templates and teacher goodies.
- Free worksheets. Lakeshore offers free printables for math, language, social studies, science, and seasonal activities, and teacher resources. I scanned 80+ reading worksheets and found well-created and catchy activities. The Parent Scavenger Hunt (a way to explore the classroom) and Summer Reading List were terrific.
- The Lakeshore Blog. Their blog is full of family and classroom activities, crafts, science, and more. Yes, they also explain clever ways to use their products, but these are hands-on activities that will appeal to a variety of learners.
- Summer calendars. Check out their calendars for kids pre-K through 3rd grade for summer fun ideas. You might win $500 of products for completing one of three summer challenges!
No, I do not get a commission from Lakeshore, but hope you’ll take advantage of their freebies (and quality products) as I have for many years!