I must say, Lizzi’s Ten Things of Thankful has been an impetus to look on the bright side of my tumble down the the stairs this past week. I could have used Jack to slow my descent, but here are my silver linings:
- Our stairs are carpeted.
- I realize now that I am not qualified to steer a luge in the Olympics. It’s good to know.
- I did not realize how hurt I was. I would have been much more shaken had I known.
- I did not know I would hurt more each day. “Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
- I did not hit my head. Any more concussions and I won’t know who I am.
- I will restart my PT exercises on my bad knee. I had been slacking off.
- My bum has more padding than I realized. Not sure how to evaluate that, exactly.
- My dearest widower has taken good care of me. True love.
- There are only 14 steps in most sets of stairs. What if there were 30?
- I could never become addicted to painkillers. I wouldn’t know who I am, where I am, and what I’m supposed to be doing. Of course, that does describe me in a sleep-deprived state. That’s another post.
Bonus for today! Here’s another image created by my tutoring kiddo, taking a brain break from our long distance teaching. He’s “at the beach” with his snorkel, hair cut Mohawk-style and a lot of facial hair for a young’un, while eating a cake. Do you recognize him?