Wow! Jill, the sweet mom from Square Peg in a Round Hole has nominated me for the Sunshine Blogger Award! I am so honored, since she is a true inspiration for parents and teachers. I appreciate Jill’s honesty and humor as she navigates her way through life. Her son is getting a service dog soon (what a cutie he is!) and I look forward to following their latest venture.
If you’ve blogged for a while, you know that these nominations give everyone a chance to explore new blogs. And there are questions for the nominees to answer, as well. Before I get to the questions, here are my nominees for The Sunshine Blogger Award:
David Snape and Friends: I love this blog. Virtually anyone can be a guest writer and David’s posts are also intriguing. He is even on the radio! Quite a creative guy. Read about his goals and fascination with technology on a birthday post.
Smorgasbord- Variety Is the Spice of Life: Sally is the gentle, talented author of this blog- and much more! She has a number of published books, is a nutrition therapist, and has published and directed radio and internet TV . Her posts are always worth reading, like her current one on cursing penguins (only 12 seconds long- you can do it!) and other oddities. You WILL laugh out loud.
Yellow Belly Mummy: She’s a talented writer who is currently bemoaning her inability to lose weight, despite being “knackered” as she chases her kids around. She shares her super tips on how to get more exercise by having fun with a hula hoop, among other ideas. No matter what topic she covers, there’s always sunshine in her posts!
Two on a Rant: Recently discovered by me (but already followed by thousands!), I have enjoyed the oddball, insightful, and poetic comments these two women share on their blog. Not all their posts are rants. This one is a sweet poem by obvious animal lovers.
OK, for the questions.
- What is the most daring thing you have done? Gotten married. After my wretched childhood, I had vowed never to replicate that disaster. But wouldn’t you know it? My dearest widower defied all my direst predictions.
- Name one item still on your bucket list. Write a book.
- If you had a time machine, would you choose to live in the past or the future? Oh, my, I would never go back. And my future will be spent with Jesus forever, so I’m setting the time machine for about a minute after I die. Whoopee!
- What is your favorite movie of all time? This is hard because my dearest widower is a movie fanatic and will immediately remind me of one I forgot. But, I guess I’d say “Avatar,” James Cameron’s blockbuster. It has crappy theology, in my opinion, but who wouldn’t want to live on gorgeous Pandora, tower over 10 feet tall, have blue skin, and ride a direhorse ? Huh?
- What is one piece of advice you would give to your younger self? “Don’t worry, you are going to survive- and thrive!”
- What is your spirit animal? Um, that’s silly.
- What is a favorite quote of yours? Yikes, I don’t have one. I could check on the internet for something profound, but actually, I need to eat dinner.
I am supposed to write 7 questions for the above nominees but I love the questions (except part of #5) that Jill answered (I know, it’s probably because her answers were terrific). Here are the ones I copied from her blog:
- Do you keep a diary or journal?
- What is one of your guilty pleasures?
- Do you have any pets?
- Tell us about one thing that really gets your goat.
- Who would you invite to a celebrity dinner. List 5, dead or alive. (Honestly, I think that dead guests are a bit macabre….)
- Brain dump… What is on your mind right now?
- What is your most annoying bad habit?
I know that some bloggers HATE these nominations but please do check out the blogs I nominated. They’ll bring a ray of sunshine into your day!