1. I’m forever thankful for my dearest blog widower. He cares so much for me! I was buried with paperwork one evening and not being too pleasant about it. He took off for the store and returned with a bag of chocolate. The paperwork got a lot easier.
2. My Asus transformer tablet continues to delight! I use it with kids so I can protect my “real” computer, Black Beauty, but this tablet could easily replace a computer for many folks. I’m a walking advertisement for all kinds of things.
3. My daughter-in-law went to Japan and bought me the dearest teddy bear. I do collect bears, but I’m very picky about them. I have bed bears, of course, living room bears, family room bears, and now Ito, my adorable kitchen bear. See that smile? He’s home!
4. I never thought I’d be thankful that my widower has trouble understanding strong accents, but when some scammer tried to trick him out of money, the dearest one could not understand what he was saying and politely hung up.
5. I’m thankful that a certain secretary can count. I turned in my invoice for a student and would have lost $$$ if she hadn’t caught my error.
6. I survived the week, which felt uncertain at times.
7. I’m thankful to have been invited to a former student’s high school graduation. Wow. I taught two sibs in that precious family. They’ve both grown into kind, clever, funny, and thoughtful adults. Just like their parents. Huh. And the graduating senior is considering a career in education. Now that’s miraculous!
8. My CEU’s (continuing education units) arrived for one of the online classes I finished. I have to decide whether I want to renew my teaching certification when I’m 70. Yikes. That’s not so far away.
9. I’m thankful for the warm, sunny days with low humidity. Until I got to be so OLD, winter was may favorite season. Now I love the bone-soaking heat.
10. I’m thankful for my blogging friends. They have been an encouragement, usually make me laugh out loud, and actually read my posts! I hope to do my first ever guest interview soon.